Sunday 22 April 2012

Back to the Knitting Basics

I started knitting about six years ago.  Thanks to knittinghelp.com and youtube I picked it up super quickly and really enjoyed spending cold winter evenings knitting while watching television.  All day at work I would dream about making a cup of green ginger tea once the kitchen was tidied from supper and setting up the sofa with a cosy blanket, the phone, remote control and whatever knitting project I was working on.  At that point I watched a lot of television shows and it made me feel a bit better knowing that at least I had something to show for the time spent sitting in front of the T.V.  I didn't do any really intense knitting like sweaters or socks or anything, but I made some little pouches, many hats and lots of scarves.  I loved learning knew stitches and had just started learning how to cable when I got pregnant with R.  Then I didn't knit again until a few months ago.  And I had to start over from scratch.  I didn't even remember how to cast on.  So I knit R a little scarf to get back on the waggon. 




Then I made her a  hat, that turned out a little too big but will be great for next year.  After that I came across this pattern by Rebecca Danger for Bunny Nuggets.  They are just so cute and quick to knit up.  I've been having a hard time with my tension and knitting way too tight, and my stitching up skills need some improving but R just loved the first one -so I knit another.  And there is now another one in progress! 




I probably won't do much more knitting now that the weather is getting nicer and I have way too much yard work and outdoor projects to somehow tackle this year with an overactive toddler.  But so glad I dug up my old stash and I definitely won't let myself forget everything again.  It's totally crazy and hard to believe that I'm getting older and forgetting things so easily these days...!

No comments:

Post a Comment