Saturday 2 July 2011

First Blog. First Post.

For most of my life I’ve wanted to become better at three things.  Writing, photography and cooking.  I’m hoping that this blog will inspire me to put forth more effort in all of these areas. 

I’ve been following a list of blogs for several months now, and I made a decision before the new year that if I didn’t get productive and start my own blog, I wouldn’t allow myself to spend several hours a week reading about other people’s lives.  To be clear, it hasn’t been time wasted.  The blogs I have been following have been specific to new challenges I was faced with shortly after my second child was born.  After hundreds of hours scouring the internet for information, facts and statistics, it was the stories of other parents with allergic children that provided real comfort and reassurance that everything would be okay. 

So I’ll be honest when I say I haven’t written any more than a few sappy birthday cards in many, many years.  My grammar isn’t great and I seldom remember to spell check my work.  I’m not very organized, so sometimes my posts won’t make perfect sense.  But at this point in my life I’m going avoid wasting anymore time trying to make things perfect (like the box of picture frames in my basement that I haven’t decided just how to arrange…) and start posting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment