Monday 11 July 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Canada

This Canada day was very quiet.  I wasn’t up for any company, and since none of our close family or friends was planning anything either, I decided to take the day to just stay home and relax.  We did get one BBQ invite from an old friend, but I declined just to avoid the food allergy explanation…. and to avoid chasing a toddler around making sure she doesn’t grab a cheesy or nut, or any other allergens that like to hang out at BBQs.  

I’m so glad we stayed home. It was a well-deserved, restful day. Having no work, no errands and no visitors for a day doesn’t happen very often.  We sat on the patio, ate lots of fresh blueberries, and made some baked french-fries. 

So even though this is a very super late Canada Day post, uploading pictures within two weeks of taking them is a big improvement for me.  I’d like to get into the habit of clearing the camera every week so I don’t run out of space. 

1 comment:

  1. She is ADORABLE! I'm still stunned that your daughter has all of E's allergies AND soy AND fructose! I know that when its your kid you just roll with the punches and do whatever you had to keep them safe and healthy but milk and soy would just about do me in. You totally have my respect.

    Thanks for introducing yourself on my blog--I really enjoy meeting readers. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your blog. I love the name!

    ReplyDelete